The mission of the Economics program from Government College University Faisalabad is to enable the students to exercise their intellectual capacity, to acquire disciplinary knowledge and analytical skills, to value diversity in people and ideas, and to develop ethical decision making abilities. To produce quality economists that will play their constructive role in different public, private sector organizations, policy making, and research.
The learning environment is distinguished by admission on merit only, highly accessible faculty, teamwork, and information technology-supported education. The economics faculty places an emphasis on excellence in teaching through continuous professional development in instruction, as well as, in applied and theoretical economic research. Currently, the Department is offering graduate and postgraduate degree programs viz-a-viz BS, MSc, MPhil and PhD.
- Mathematical Economics
- Economics Statistics
- Statistical Inference and Decision Making
- Public Finance
- Monetary Economics
- Islamic Economics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Government College University Faisalabad and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 177 USD per semester during 24 months.
National354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 177 USD per semester during 24 months.
Rs. 12950 / sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.