The department seeks to inculcate the values of truth, objectivity and impartiality among the students so that they may perform their roles as disseminators of knowledge and makers of opinion without any bias and prejudice. The Mass Communication program is offered at The Government College University Faisalabad .
So, it is the need of the hour to give special focus on mass media education. Although Mass Communication is an emerging discipline, yet, it has got paramount importance in recent times. Media is playing a vital role in promoting different ideologies both in the domestic arena and around the globe. It is a reality, that a plenty of factors influence the production and consumption of the message for effective communication.
The productions of media contents have to pass through different phases. Therefore, in-depth understanding of covert and overt pressures on the production of the media contents is indispensable for the students of Mass Communication.
The foremost objective was to provide an opportunity to the students to equip themselves with the blend of skills and knowledge to meet challenges in national and international arena. The department has an excellent academic environment. All the faculty members are experienced and qualified. Students are also being benefited from the expertise of media educators and known professionals.
- News Gathering Techniques
- Media History
- Basic Concepts in Social Sciences
- Research Methods in Mass Communication
- Mass Media & Tolerance
- Radio Journalism
- Media Laws & Ethics
- Magazine Journalism
- TV Journalism
- Media Psychology
- Media Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 8 other Masters in Public Relations in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Government College University Faisalabad and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 177 USD per semester during 24 months.
National354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 177 USD per semester during 24 months.
Rs. 12950 / sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.