About the Program
The Department of Korean Language and Literature at Korea University is currently affiliated with the College of Liberal Arts. The Department of Korean Language and Literature was established on August 15, 1946 as one of the four departments of the College of Liberal Arts: Korean Literature, English Literature, and Liberal Arts. The department's name, 'Department of Korean Language and Literature' was changed to 'Department of Korean Language and Literature' in 1968 and celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2016. Most of the major classes are held in the historic College of Liberal Arts building symbolized by the clock tower, and the department administration office and full-time professor's lab are also located in the same building.
- Understanding Korean Literature
- Korean Information Processing
- Contemporary Criticism
- Theory of Contemporary Drama
- The Formation of Korean Modern Literature
- History of Classical Literature
- Lectures on Korean Chinese Literature
- Modern Poetry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 6 other Masters in Language Studies in South Korea
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant must complete regular primary and secondary education, equivalent to Grades 1 to 12 in the Korean education system, either in Korea or overseas.
- Completion of qualification examinations and programs such as GED, homeschooling, online courses, or language schools, and so on from the level of primary, secondary to higher education are not regarded as equivalent to a regular academic school curriculum.
- Official language proficiency test result (TOEFL, IELTS Academic, HSK, JLPT, JPT, DELF, DALF, TOPIK, etc.) - Standardized international admissions qualifications tests (ACT, A-level, AP, IB, SAT, 高考, etc.) -
- National certificate of technical qualification, state certified qualification, etc. -
- Documents issued during and by a high school/university: prize conferred by high school/university for activities carried out at high school/university
International8372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4186 USD per semester during 12 months.
National8372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4186 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.