At Science Education from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia you will have access to the postgraduate study room, computer laboratories and active learning spaces designed based on 21st century pedagogy, which would encourage a more student-centred learning environment. You will be able to develop meaningful connections with other students who are highly engaged, attuned to local and global educational issues and possess the capability to be critical thinkers, problem solvers and creative individuals who will move our education forward into the future.
Students at Science Education from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia will:
- Work closely with faculty members who supervise independent research.
- Be able to intergrate new information with existing knowledge and skills.
- Take advantage of increased networking, career development, and learning opportunities.
- Apply the knowledge and culture of educational institutions in work situations.
- Academic Writing
- Research Methodology
- Educational Issues in Malaysia
- Science Education and Human Development
- Administration and Policy-Making in Science Education
- The Environment and its Sustainability
- Systems and Practices in Science Education
- Advanced Thinking in Science Education
- Seminar on Global Sciences
- Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Deadlines for intake for Coursework and mixed mode are above.
- Application for research mode can be made any time throughout the year.
DisciplinesEducation Natural Sciences Teaching View 86 other Masters in Education in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor of Education with Honors from UKM or Bachelor of Education with Honors from other institutions of higher learning recognized by the Senate,
- Bachelor's Degree with Honors from UKM or Bachelor's Degree with Honors from any institution of higher learning recognized by the Senate,
- Other qualifications that are equivalent to the qualification as stated in (a) or (b) recognized by the Senate,
- An international is required to fulfil minimum score of TOEFL IBT (Internet Based) 79 or IELTS band 6.5.
International1757 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1757 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National1280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1280 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Research & Mixed - FT: RM5,370, PT: 7,725
- Coursework - FT: RM6,350, PT: RM 6,185
International full time
- Research & Mixed - RM7,375
- Coursework - RM6,390
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.