Our lecturers have substantial fieldwork experience in various areas of the Near East and specialist lectures and classes will be accompanied by the general curriculum in the archaeology of the Eastern Mediterranean and the Near East.
Graduates of the Archaeology programme offered by the University of Warsaw will become professional excavators of cemeteries and animal bone deposits, with training in osteology being sufficient for fieldwork macroscopic analyses of human remains, including sex and age assessment, basic palaeopathology, stress markers, metric measurements and basic odontology. They will be able to place results of bioarchaeological research in a wider historical and ecological context, as well as to carry out various kinds of more specific laboratory research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar I: Bioarchaeology
- Seminar II: Near East archaeology
- History of Archaeology: Birth of Archaeology
- Introduction to Bioarchaeology
- Methodology of Archaeology
- Scientific writing workshop
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA diploma, legalized by either Apostille, the Polish Embassy in your home country, or your country’s Embassy (translated if in a language other than English or Polish)
- Transcript of final grades, legalized by either Apostille, the Polish Embassy in your home country, or your country’s Embassy (translated if in a language other than English or Polish)
- A letter from your University confirming that your diploma entitles you to enroll in MA studies
- The Student ID Application and Personal Questionnaire from your Candidate’s Registration System
- A photocopy of your passport or other ID.
- A health certificate issued by a doctor stating that you are fit to study
- Two ID-sized photos
- Proof of payment for the Student ID
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.