On successful completion of the Clinical Exercise Physiology program offered at James Cook University, graduates will be able to:
- Adapt and apply advanced and contemporary knowledge, skills, and technical competencies in clinical exercise physiology practice including assessment of exercise and functional capacity, design of safe and sustainable exercise interventions, and the implementation and evaluation of collaborative health interventions including models of behaviour change, relevant to key pathological domains.
- Apply mastery knowledge and skills in research principles, methods and ethics to plan and execute a substantial piece of research that addresses a complex theoretical or professional practice issue in clinical exercise physiology or allied health.
- Expertly communicate with client, health professionals and other stakeholders.
- Critically review, analyse, synthesise and apply evidence, clinical reasoning and decision making to design, implement and evaluate client-centred clinical exercise physiology practice that is safe, ethical, legal, and culturally sensitive; across a range of complex social, personal, economic and environmental contexts.
- Operate professionally in autonomous, collaborative, and inter- professional situations, in accordance with legal, ethical, and organisational guidelines.
- Critically appraise one’s own knowledge, skills and attributes in order to demonstrate critical reflection in practice, and to design and implement ongoing professional and personal development as a commitment to lifelong learning.
- JCU Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology graduates are successful, highly-skilled health professionals who make a difference in regional, rural and remote communities in North Queensland and around Australia.
- Graduates work in private and public hospitals, within multidisciplinary medical centres, fitness centres, aged-care facilities, workplace health and rehabilitation and private practice.
- You could find employment as a clinical exercise physiologist.
- Professional communication and practice for clinical exercise physiologists
- Clinical exercise physiology management of cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions
- Clinical exercise physiology management of chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Clinical exercise physiology management of metabolic conditions and kidney disease
- Clinical exercise physiology management of neurological conditions and cancer
- Clinical exercise physiology management of mental health and fatigue disorders
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Physiotherapy Sports Sciences View 63 other Masters in Biology in Australia
CRICOS Code: 102438K
- Completion of an ESSA accredited AQF level 7 bachelor of sport and exercise science program or equivalent qualification from an overseas institution or hold current ESSA accreditation as an exercise scientist
- US: Satisfactory completion of one year at a recognised university with a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Germany: Successful completion of six months of study at a recognised university with an overall grade of Pass or successful completion of Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or Reifezeugnis.
- Sweden: Successful completion of Upper Secondary School or Kommunal vuxenutbildning with a minimum GPA of 12.
- Norway: Successful completion of at least six months of study at a recognised higher education institution/ Norwegian Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skolen with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Denmark: Successful completion of one semester of study at a recognised higher education institution with an overall grade of Pass (average of D).
International37080 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37080 AUD per year during 18 months.
National14500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Townsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.