These capabilities will be based on a thorough understanding and use of the relationships between the internal structure (crystal structure, microstructure, architecture) of materials, their properties (mechanical, electrical, chemical) and their processing (the materials triangle).
Career after Materials Engineering at KU Leuven
Prominent technical industries such as the automotive, aerospace, energy, microelectronics, and chemical industries and emerging sectors such as nanotechnology, biomaterials and recycling are keen to hire qualified and talented materials engineers.
Materials engineers are prepared for work as process engineers, materials or product developers, design specialists, quality control engineers or consultants. Graduates with an interest in research can apply for an R&D position, or start a PhD. Some alumni have started their own successful companies.
- Advanced Metal Processing & Case Studies
- Metals: Production and Recycling
- Ceramics and Powder Metallurgy
- Materials Characterisation Techniques I
- Materials Modelling and Simulation Techniques
- Sustainable Materials Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 15 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Belgium
- All applications are evaluated by both KU Leuven Admissions Office and the relevant Master’s programme director. Admission is ultimately at the discretion of the Faculty. In order to be considered for admission, applicants are required to submit their GRE score. Please contact ETS requesting an original score card to be forwarded to us using the following Institutional Code: 0749. Students who obtained a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in one of the EEA countries, the UK, or Switzerland are exempted from providing GRE scores.
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.