Learn to teach English to speakers of other languages at UEA, advance your career prospects internationally and help people all over the world unlock their potential and communicate across borders.
More than 1.5 billion people speak English around the world, and the number is likely to grow in the future years. With more and more people learning English, the demand for high-quality English language teaching is set to grow.
With this MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (Part Time) qualification from the University of East Anglia , you'll be able to meet that professional demand. You’ll benefit your future students as well as kick start a career that could see you work anywhere in the world and in any number of different sectors.
- Primary-/secondary-school teachers, coordinators or principals
- Teachers, academic supervisors and/or managers at language institutes
- University lecturers
- Freelance teaching or tutoring
- Positions in government or policy organisations
- Language educational posts in non-governmental organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Reading
- Principles and Practice in Second Language Education
- Conceptualising Educational Practices
- Educational Research Methods
- Language Learning in Context
- Language Assessment
- English Language Analysis for Language Professionals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching English View 116 other Masters in Teaching English in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 Honors degree or equivalent
- English Language Teaching, English Language, Education, English Literature or a related English / Education / Linguistics subject area. Any subject for applicants with a track record of relevant experience.
- Second Language teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 GBP per year during 36 months.
If you choose to study part-time, the fee per annum will be half the annual fee for that year
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.