The UCAS Conservatoires Institution Code for the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is R59 and the Course Code for the MMus Orchestral Conducting is 815F (intensive) or 816F (full time).
- Conducting technique class involving the study and practice of technique away from the orchestra
- Workshops in keyboard skills and score-reading
- Observation and participation in RWCMD orchestral rehearsals
- Rehearsal analysis tutorials
- Observation of conductors within a professional context
- Opportunities to direct RWCMD ensembles, rehearsals and productions
- Opportunities to conduct self-promoted student performances
- Performance classes, usually in the company of students from a range of disciplines
- Full programme of orchestral concerts
- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Training in career development, self-promotion and sustainable technique
- International masterclass series
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Orchestral Conducting
- The Professional Musician The Professional Musician
- Psychology of Collaborative Performance
- Research Project or Reflecting on Performance
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Advanced Outreach Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 81 other Masters in Musicology in United Kingdom
- Entry is by audition and candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training.
- Minimum entry requirements usually include a 2:1 degree in music or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International21962 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21962 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11163 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11163 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.