It will equip students to implement the latest research into sustainable production systems thinking and will facilitate entry into agroforestry-related careers.On this course you will:
- Examine the environmental, economic and social aspect of agroforestry in the context of food security and the changing environment.
- Study how selected agroforestry management practices can improve the resource-efficiency and overall sustainability of food production.
- Gain a global perspective to question whether and how growing demand for food from limited land resources can be met through agroforestry and sustainable intensification.
This Agroforestry and Food Security (by Distance Learning) course from Bangor University , will enable professionals to redirect or enhance their capabilities. Graduates can find careers in advisory and policy/advocacy roles, executive management, agriculture, agribusiness and environmental consultancy and agencies, agricultural finance, land and catchment management agencies, natural resources management, agricultural education and training, and as rural counsellors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Agroforestry Systems & Prac.
- Global Food Security
- Natural Resource Management
- Tropical Forestry Study Tour
- Social Issues in Forest Mgt. Silviculture
- Forest Management Planning
- Urban Forestry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) .
DisciplinesFood Sciences Forestry View 9 other Masters in Forestry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We accept students with a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds. We consider each application individually.
- The entry requirements reflect the expected student profile, i.e. working and experienced in their field. Many applicants will have technical knowledge gained through work experience.
- Students should meet one of the following requirements for entry:
- An Upper Second Class undergraduate Honours degree in a relevant subject, e.g. Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or Agriculture.
- A Third class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree in a relevant subject, with a minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of two years relevant experience in agri-based food industries, the environmental sector or related work in a position of demonstrable responsibility.
- Your internet access must enable you to stream and upload video material. If you can regularly access YouTube you should not have problems.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18300 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.