The M.A. and Ph.D. programs have been opened under the department of English Language and Literature of the Graduate School of Social Sciences at Atılım University.
- The M.A. program was opened in 30.12.1998 and the Ph.D. program was opened in 15.10.2009, the titles of both were changed into “English Culture and Literature” in 23.09.2011 and in 02.08.2010 respectively.
- The courses from Atilim University in both programs cover mainly the studies that have been conducted in the field of English Literature and Culture and the aim of both programs is to provide students with the ability to develop their academic skills while doing academic research which will widen their academic horizons.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Medieval Literature and Culture
- Renaissance Studies
- Shakespeare Studies
- Shakespeare`s Tragedies
- Restoration and 18th Century Drama
- Contemporary Drama
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 90 thesis program
- 120 non-thesis program
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 22 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Atilim University and/or in Turkey, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Original copy or photocopy of the acceptance letter.
- Original passport and photocopy of the passport.
- 6 Photographs.
- Original diplomas, transcripts and their certified translations into Turkish or English.
- Original copies of equivalency certificates, if available (The candidates who are accepted to graduate programs must initially check with the Registrar’s Office staff whether their undergraduate and master’s degree diplomas have equivalency approved by the Council of Higher Education (YÖK). The candidates can individually apply to YÖK to obtain their equivalency certificates or the University can help with the process.
- Original copy of the internationally recognized English Proficiency Certificates.
- Original copy of the Turkish Proficiency Certificate for the candidates accepted to the programs that require Turkish language proficiency.
- Copies of all bank receipts for deposit payments.
International6500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National6500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.