The Product and Service Design program of the Sapienza University of Rome is entirely taught in English and is defined to welcome students from different geographical and educational backgrounds (design, architecture, engineering) creating a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment by integrating design skills, engineering skills, socio-critical skills necessary for the development and management of design-driven product, process and service innovations, operating internationally. Students will be engaged in an intense project activity, creatively thinking and critically investigating. The main didactic goals are:
- knowledge and understanding of the material culture of Design in relation to socio-cultural and economic repercussions;
- control of the technical-productive, technical-functional and formal aspects of the artefacts (tangible or intangible) but also of all the processes that accompany the design-production-consumption path informed and guided by strategies of economic, social and environmental sustainability;
- development of Design Thinking skills which, by grasping the potential and resources of a local system, connect it with critical capacity to the global dimension by developing products and / or services which, starting from the understanding of cultural, social and relationships between resources and activity, is capable of producing Design-driven Innovations that condition the material and immaterial culture of contemporary societies.
- Design Strategist, able to integrate and develop complex systems and design new products and services in an environment characterized by continuous technological advancements;
- Design Researcher, able to manage the growing information that comes from technological research and socio-cultural contexts at the end of product developments, services and innovative processes.
- Laboratory of Aesthetics
- Laboratory of Mechanics
- Laboratory of Product Representation
- Laboratory of Smart Objects
- Advanced Design Studio
- Design Issues
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Valid identity card or passport;
- Study Visa for “University enrolment” (only for non-EU citizens residing abroad);
- Receipt of your residence permit request (only for non-Eu citizens residing abroad who require a study visa);
- Residence permit card (only for Non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy). If you are renewing your residence permit card, you will need a copy of your expired permit together with the post office receipt of your renewal application;
- University-level qualification (achieved after no fewer than 15 years of studies of which at least 3 at University level), together with copy of the academic Transcript of records, officially translated into Italian (or in English) and accompanied by the Statement of Verification and the Statement of Comparability issued by CIMEA.
International2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2924 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2924 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.