The Department of Textile and apparel Design at Bharathiar University educates students for a career in the Textiles, Apparel and Garment industry. The mission of the department is accomplished with Master of Science degree programme that seek to promote academic excellence to the student with a thorough background in fundamental concepts of scientific, technological and management principles and ability to define and solve challenging technological and managerial problems in the field of Textile and Apparel industry. An essential component of the department's mission is the development of new knowledge through research and the subsequent transfer of this knowledge to both the textile complex and society.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Textiles and Apparel Design MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Gain knowledge in selection, identification of fibers, yarn and fabrics for various end uses.
- Be well trained to work in Garment Industry as production operator or merchandiser.
- Gain hands on experience in selection of dyes, printing, finishing which will help the students to work in wet processing unit or they can start their own Entrepreneur work.
- Gain knowledge on technical textiles that will help students towards designing smart, innovative apparels for various applications from sportswear to protective clothing.
- Ability to test and assess quality parameters of various textile materials as per the global standards at Testing Laboratories.
- Gain knowledge on CAD application that will help students to design patterns fit for Individuals looking into current fashion trends.
- Gain knowledge in Research that will help students to create newer designs suitable for present scenario, and current market trends.
- Apply knowledge about Eco textiles which will help in Selection of right eco fabrics, prints and finishes to save environment.
- Gain knowledge on quality standards implementation and quality requirements for apparel industry make them suitable to work as quality manager.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Textile Science and Apparel Designing
- Technical Textiles
- Apparel Production Technology
- Innovative Designing
- Advanced Draping
- Fashion Concepts and Designing
- Textile Apparel Marketing and Merchandising
- Applied Physics and Chemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Pass in B.Sc. Costume Design and Fashion / B.Sc. Textiles and Apparel Design / B.Sc. Textiles and Fashion Design / B.Sc. Fashion Technology / B.Sc. Textiles and Clothing and any B.Sc. or B.Voc degree related to textiles or Apparel or Costume or Fashion.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR5,280/semester ($71)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.