The department works with the objectives of offering career guidance to the young buddies in the education sector through the well qualified faculty members, research scholars of the career guidance. Additionally, the department is working towards for getting ready the students for industrial requirement through vocational education. Major research work of the department talks about career preparation, skill requirement for various sectors, competency mapping and understanding the occupational standards by using NSQF, QP and Skill Card.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Offering right career guidance and counselling to the graduates, school students and employees for their right career.
- Applying the suitable techniques to assess the individual skill level and map the expected level for the individual excellence and to the skilled society.
- Creating and building with high vision of early career plan for their perspective future.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
After the successful completion of the Career Guidance MA programme from Bharathiar University, students are expected for:
- Professional Capacity Building in Counselling and Guidance
- Professionals in applying psychometric tools
- Capacity in offering academic advice on skill development
- Professional in understanding of industry demand and mapping the skills
- Commitment towards society and professional development
- Principles of Guidance and Counselling
- Perspectives of Education and Careers
- Developmental and Positive Psychology of Counselling
- Counselling in Practice
- Psychological assessment in Guidance and Counselling
- Event Management
- Occupational Health and Stress Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Any UG Degree.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($35)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.