The Department of Communication and Media Studies of the Bharathiar University, Coimbatore undertakes to delve deeper into the science of communication with a view to shaping professionals for the increasingly progressive media industry and providing the world with the much sought-after leaders whose calling is to address grave issues penetrating the society with the help of the media they are attached to.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Journalism and Mass Communication MA programme from Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Understand the fundamentals of various media outlets such as Journalism (Print and Broadcast), Advertising, New Media, Designing, Radio and Television Production, Film Studies, Development Communication, Public Relations, Photography and Research to meet the industry requirements
- Get motivated to pursue higher studies (M.Phil or Ph.D) in the media domain of their interest.
- Harmoniously integrate various aspects of media industry in totality to ideate and develop creative modules for the societal well-being.
- Encourage lifelong learning through a strong theoretical foundation built during the course work.
- Maintain code of conduct towards developing critical media resources towards contribution to nation building.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to provide innovative technological solutions to keep pace with the digital media landscape.
- Develop essential life skills to handle intricate issues both in professional as well as personal spheres of life.
- Exploit their imaginative power in synthesizing concrete media products from its abstract form.
Programme Objectives for the entire programme:
- Encourage students who are motivated to go for higher studies (M.Phil or Ph.D) in the area of their interest.
- Prepare postgraduates for successful careers dealing with analyzing, formulating and solving problems and to promote lifelong learning, to develop applications, by helping them develop an intelligent understanding of the theoretical bases of the same.
- Help students understand and imbibe professional ethics, moral values and social concern for their successful professional careers and to evolve as key-players/entrepreneurs in the field of media and related areas.
- Provide opportunities to students to work in interdisciplinary projects across the various branches of Communication and Media Studies.
- Imbibe interpersonal skills and promote leadership skills among students and develop in them the sense of team work to analyze communication patterns between students.
- Develop motivational skills to ramify complex unwelcoming consequences Intrapersonal Communication.
- Amplify the power of imagination among students for visualizing and developing media content.
- Encourage creativity as a food for thought for identifying unique characteristics in an individual.
- Help students face challenges during job recruitments.
- Communication Models and Constructs
- Indian Constitution, Media Laws And Ethics
- Reporting And Editing
- Media, Society And Culture
- New Media Studies
- Film Studies
- Broadcast Journalism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 12 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Any Degree under 10 + 2 + 3 Pattern.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,355/semester ($32)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.