Statistics is also used in industry when developing new products, production planning, and controlling quality of produced items. The master’s programme in statistics gives a general and firm foundation of statistical theory and statistical methods.
- Originating from this theory and based on the students’ interests, it is possible for the student to specialise in analyzing problems in some particular area of applications.
- The aims of the Statistics programme from Stockholm University are to provide both greater breadth and greater depth in the statistical discipline. After completion of the programme the student is expected either to work with qualified statistical analysis in the private or the public sector or to continue with graduate studies in statistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mandatory courses in the programme are Mathematics, Probability theory, Statistical inference, Statistical computations, and Statistical methods. A number of optional courses and a degree project complete the specialisation.
- Examples of optional courses include courses in biostatistics, experimental planning, survey sampling, and methods for regression analysis.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 18 other Masters in Statistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree including at least 90 ECTS credits in Statistics or equivalent.
- English B/English 6 (Swedish Upper Secondary school course).
International11917 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23835 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 60000 SEK. The complete programme: 240000 SEK.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.