The Financial Data Science programme from University College Dublin is suitable for graduates of engineering, computer science, mathematics, and business (with quantitative modules), with a talent for and interest in applying data science to problems particular to the realm of financial services.
What are the benefits?
- UCD College of Business has a significant number of academics who are leaders in the area of financial data science and digital technology and financial services.
- Immerse yourself in how financial markets operate and the ongoing FinTech revolution in this space.
- The programme features the theory and practice of cutting-edge quantitative analysis, optimisation, data science and machine learning on real financial data sets.
- Graduates will attain skills and understanding in software programming, databases and applications of machine learning in finance.
- Options include a FinTech start-up incubator program in the Summer Trimester in partnership with Nova UCD, (which offers guidance and support in bringing start-up ideas to market).
Graduates of the MSc in Financial Data Science will find career opportunities in the following areas:
- Data science
- Financial Services
- Investment Management
- Risk Management
- Banking & Credit Risk
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Capital Markets & Instruments
- Derivative Securities
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Theory
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Data Science & Big Data View 31 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- TRANSCRIPTS - Your full, official transcripts. Please note we require official documentation. If you have not completed your undergraduate degree, please send us the most up-to- date version of all years studied so far.
- CV - Please include an updated CV detailing all relevant work experience and extra-curricular activity. It is useful to demonstrate leadership skills.
- REFERENCES - Two references are generally required, preferably one academic and one professional.
- ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION - Feel free to send us other information that you believe will help your application.
International24900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24900 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA19000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 EUR per year during 18 months.
- EU: €9,500 per year
- Non-EU: €10,250 per year
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.