As a fashion student you will gain knowledge about the fashion system from historical and contemporary perspectives; recognise the main factors behind the development of fashion and acquire the necessary tools to analyse and understand the world of fashion.
- The master program at Stockholm University prepares students for doctoral studies in Fashion Studies and related fields.
- Furthermore, the program can lead to employment within the broad fashion field, such as fashion journalism, fashion analysis, fashion marketing, financial analysis within the fashion industry and design profession with theoretical basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Dress
- Scientific Methods and Research Ethics
- Fashion as an Industry or other Advanced Course in Fashion Studies
- Research Methods in Fashion Studies
- Theoretical Perspectives on Fashion
- Consumer Culture Theory and Fashion or other Advanced Course in Fashion Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 4 other Masters in Fashion Design in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International8937 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17875 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.