The Cinema Studies programme from Stockholm University has an open and accommodating structure granting you relative freedom to shape the contents to your preference, including an elective semester abroad in the 2-year Programme.
- Our Faculty includes some of Sweden's most prominent researchers in the field, teaching in a unique building dedicated to and built for film-related activities - featuring two large cinemas, a dedicated film library, a film archive, production studios, the Swedish Film Institute, and a cinematheque.
- Formations of Cinema Studies: Critical Approaches, Contemporary Challenges, Core Course
- Scientific Methods and Research Ethics
- Media Studies: Keywords for the Present
- English for Academic Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 5 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in Cinema Studies or equivalent, including a thesis of 15 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International8927 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17855 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.