To support these it possesses high end equipment like UTM, XRD, SEM, DSC-FTIR, Surface profilometer etc. The major emphasis of the Department right at this moment spread over from characterization of slag to nano-materials.
The constituent academic programs in the department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Rourkela aspire to be a global hub of excellence in the teaching and research of technological aspects and avenues
- To become the nucleus of Materials Innovation and Learning.
- To offer broad and balanced learning environment that are mutually reinforcing for all-inclusive development in the principles of materials engineering, creative innovation, and instilling teamwork at all professional levels.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mechanical Behaviour of Materials
- Metallurgical Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Experimental Techniques in Materials Engineering
- Phase Transformation
- Mechanical Failures of Materials
- Seminar and Technical Writing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.