The academic programmes of the department reflect not only the core areas of Mechanical Engineer but also the research specialization of the faculty. The department at present has over one hundred research scholars pursuing projects on diverse fields.
We offer a master degree in Thermal Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. The faculty is organized under three divisions and six groups. All the groups are working in close co-operation while retaining individual identities.
Many Research and Development projects being pursued by the faculty are sponsored by Government agencies and private industries. Among the major sponsors are BRNS, DST, ARDB, BRFST, HBL Power Systems and Lechier India Private Limited.
- An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems in thermal engineering
- An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
- Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area of thermal engineering. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the mechanical engineering program
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Heat Transfer – I: Conduction and Radiation Heat Transfer
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Heat Transfer – II: Convection Heat Transfer
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Seminar and Technical Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 39 other Masters in Physics in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.