The Department at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela offers a full-time PhD programme in the disciplines of English, Psychology, Economics, and Sociology, an MA Programme in Development Studies and offers General Purpose Courses from all the above mentioned disciplines, as Open Electives for B-Tech and Post-Graduate students of the Institute.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the principles, methodologies, value systems, and thought processes employed in human inquiries
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems related to global and local socio-economic development
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design and conduct Social and Behavioral Science experiments, and analyze and interpret data
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology in Social Sciences
- Psychological Perspective On Development
- Social Institutions and Development
- Economics for Development Studies
- Advanced Language Laboratory
- Ecology and Sustainable Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- 98 – 102
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 8 other Masters in International Development in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- NITR Selection Procedure
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.