The academic and research activities in the department focus on the frontier areas of electrical engineering such as power quality studies, distributed generation, soft switching of converters, inverter design, control strategies for complex systems including robotics systems & networked control systems, high voltage & insulation research, signal and image processing.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory, physics, chemistry and electrical and electronics engineering
- Graduates in the Power Electronics and Drives programme from National Institute of Technology, Rourkela will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design electrical and electronic circuits and conduct experiments with electrical systems, analyze and interpret data
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Machine Analysis
- Power Electronic Converters and Machine Drives
- Control of Electric Drives
- Advanced Machine Drives
- Advanced Power Electronic Converters
- Seminar and Technical Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 31 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.