On the other hand, Computer Engineering has its roots in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. It deals with the study of interaction of various devices among themselves and with the computer.
Loosely, Computer Science at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela focuses on software, and Computer Engineering emphasizes hardware. However, there exists a significant overlap between them.
- An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems
- An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
- Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program (Computer Science and Engineering). The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Architecture
- Data Structure and Algorithm Design
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Linear Algebra and Random Processes
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Seminar and Technical Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 61 other Masters in Computer Sciences in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.