The Department of Biotechnology and Medical Engineering was established in 2007 with the objective of providing a multidisciplinary research and teaching program in Biotechnology and Medical Engineering that advances fundamental understanding of how biological systems operate and to develop effective biology-based technologies for applications across a wide spectrum of societal needs including innovations in diagnosis, therapy of human diseases, design of novel biomaterials, biomedical devices, and in solving environmental hazard.
- Graduates in the Biomedical Engineering programme from National Institute of Technology, Rourkela will be fundamentally strong in solving mathematical, engineering, scientific problems related to healthcare.
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate and analyze complex problems related to biomedical and their solutions using principles of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will be able to design and develop biomedical devices that meet the desired specifications for industrial and medical applications
- Graduates will be able to use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mathematical Methods
- Thermodynamics and Biochemical Reaction
- Transport Processes in Biological System
- Biomechanics Laboratory
- Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biotechnology View 27 other Masters in Biotechnology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.