The purpose of the Energy Engineering Online 60 Cr degree programme from University of Gävle is to provide state-of-the-art education in the fields of energy engineering by means of economically and environmentally sustainable systems and technologies.The goal comprises increasing the efficiency of the systems for the best possible rational use of resources such as labour, capital, raw-material and energy as well as warding off threatening environmental changes.
The term sustainable energy engineering comprises a wide array of practices, policies and technologies (conventional and renewable/alternative) aimed at providing energy at the least financial, environmental and social cost.
A strong emphasis is placed on dealing with energy engineering tasks with due consideration of technical, environmental and socioeconomic issues. Advanced methods are applied to identify, describe, quantify and find solutions to a diverse range of energy engineering problems. The programme provides proficiency in project design and implementation, operation and maintenance, as well as in crucial phases of policy generation.After the studies The labour market for a master's degree in energy engineering exists, for example, at the energy companies, the processing industry, and within the consultant and contract business. Expected tasks are, for example, research and development, project management and efficiency improvement in the field of energy engineering.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Energy Systems
- Energy Utilization
- Energy System Simulation and Optimisation
- Thermal Comfort and Indoor Climate, internet course
- Thesis Project - Energy Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree, corresponding to a Swedish Bachelor's degree (180ECTS), or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognised university.
- Also required is a minimum of 12 ects in Thermodynamics and Fluid mechanics.
International10970 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10970 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
University of Gävle Study Scholarship
The University of Gävle will be able to offer scholarships to high performing students who apply to our university as their first-hand choice. The scholarship covers 75% of the tuition fee for the most excellent students. The selection procedure will be made based on Letters of Motivation and Recommendation, as well as on the qualifications. The scholarships are not available for citizens of countries with which Sweden has long term development cooperation, i.e Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Conditions for scholarships for students from third-countries
1. A scholarship may only be granted by the University upon written application by an applicant or a student having been accepted for a programme by the University provided that the applicant or student
- is covered by the obligation to pay a study fee under the ordinance 2010:718,
- is not a citizen of a country with which Sweden has an established long term development cooperation (these countries are Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia)
- is a citizen of a country eligible to receive a scholarship for studies in Sweden.
2. A Scholarship may only be granted for the duration of a programme, as set out in its curriculum, i.e. a maximum of three (3) years for a Bachelor's program and one (1) or two (2) years for a Master program.
3. A Scholarship covers 75% of the study fee for a programme.
4. Scholarships are granted for the first year of studies and thereafter, upon grated prolongation, for the following years covered by the programme.
5. For a scholarship to be prolonged after the first year of studies, the student granted a scholarship is required to obtain study credits equivalent to those required by the National Board or Student Aid (CSN) when granting study loans to students, i.e. 45 ECTS credits per year.
6. Where a student does not fulfill these requirements, the scholarship will be withdrawn and the student may be required to repay any monies paid out.
Swedish Institute Study Scholarships
The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships are targeted at highly qualified students. Scholarships will be awarded for studies in Sweden and will cover both living costs and tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.