Being a student on the IT Management programme at Umea University means an active search for knowledge, problem solving and critical analyses based on a scientific approach. The working methods vary between individual study work, group work,live cases, seminars and lectures.
The programme is tightly coupled to practice with a strong research component. Our collaboration with partner firms provides you with opportunities to develop your analytical and managerial skills. The programme combines subject knowledge in IT management with strong ties to practice. You learn to work with a scientific approach that is valuable for evaluation work, management, consluting, systems design, business development, and entrepreneurship.
The programme prepares the student for qualified tasks in areas such as evaluation work, planning, and development work in contexts such as the private or public sector as well as for research. Having finished the education you can participate in activities such as design and use of IT and work in managerial positions.
Among students with a master degree in informatics/computer- or systems science 87% received a job within a year of completing their degree, a rate highest for all general degrees. [Source: Swedish agency for higher education report 2010:19]
Possible careers for a student with an IT Management Master's Degree include:
- Project Management
- Information Systems Specialist
- Systems Designer
- Systems Architect
- Development Work
- Evaluation Work
- Business Development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Courses of free choice
- During semester 3 students choose an elective course on 15 hp/ECTS.
- The elective course can be any course on undergraduate or advanced level at Umeå university provided that you fullfill the requirements and provided that there are seats available.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences View 66 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proficiency in English equivalent to Swedish upper secondary course English B/6.
- A Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, 180 ECTS) from an internationally recognised university. Special requirements: 90 ECTS in one of the following subjects; Informatics, Business Administration, Pedagogy, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, Computer Science, Media-and Communication Studies (or equivalent).
International6944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6944 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Application fee SEK900
- Tuition fee, first instalment SEK71,400
- Total fee SEK285,600
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.