This Environmental Science Master’s programme at Södertörn University offers you the opportunity to specialize in environmentally related communication and politics, ecosystem management, or the control of infectious diseases. It focuses on helping you develop a multidisciplinary knowledge base, analytical skills and to the ability to use theoretical approaches to major environmental issues.
The broad scope of this programme, on which issues related to the environment, communication, politics, and health are studied in a holistic way, is good preparation for subsequent employment or for further research. It also offers you the opportunity to identify and reflect on your own knowledge and attitudes in relation to different theories and ideas in the environmental sciences, generating both personal and academic development.
This degree programme has three specializations, which combine the natural and social sciences: Environment, Communication, and Politics; Ecosystem Management; and Infectious Disease Control. Some courses are common to all three, including the final Master's dissertation, courses on research methods, methodologies, and theories of science applied to Environmental Science, as well as a course on environmental risks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Changing Environment
- Ecosystem Management
- Environment Govern. and the Role of Experts
- Research Methods
- Medical Geogr
- Media and the Environment
- ID Epidemiology
- Biodiv. and Conserv
- Political Decision Making
- ID Epidemiology
- Generation of Knowledge in Environm. Science
- Analytical Tools in Environm. Science
- Environm. Communication
- Civil Society and Transnational Governance
- Communicating Scientific Knowledge and Complex Environment Issues
- Multidisciplinary Research Project in Environm. Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 26 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree including a minimum of 90 credits
- Copy of your passport
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation from a university level professor or academic adviser
- A motivation letter in English
- Certificates from student activities that provide extra points
International11033 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11033 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- SEK 120,000 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.