Zakir Husain Centre for Educational Studies from Jawaharlal Nehru University came into existence in 1972. It was visualized as an innovative experiment for advanced teaching and research in Educational Studies, by the Education Commission(1964-66) and the Working Group of the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- The quality of educational research in the country must improve and it can improve if and only if placed outside the physical precincts of Teachers' Training Colleges.
- The working group on the Centre for Educational Studies (1970) marked a point of departure as it envisaged the Centre as a team of "persons who may preferably belong to different disciplines, have a high level of basic competence in their own fields and evince interest in educational problems".
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Philosophy of Science, Research Design and Basic Statistical Tools
- Psychology of Education: Socio-Cultural and Developmental Perspectives
- Sociology of Education: Themes, and Perspectives
- Economics of Education
- Psychological foundations of Education
- History of Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology View 6 other Masters in Educational Research in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.