The M.A programme in Geography from Jawaharlal Nehru University consists of four semesters spread over two years. In addition to other compulsory and a few optional courses, the two compulsory physical and socio-economic field based courses are conducted during the summer and winter vacations respectively.
- In the classical traditions in geography, fieldwork occupies a prime place. The M. A. students are exposed to two compulsory courses that are exclusively based on physical and social field surveys.
- Apart from getting trained in specific methodologies and gaining first hand field observations -often in rural settings - prolonged group living under spartan conditions helps students develop interpersonal skills and mutual interdependencies and team spirit.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Geomorphology and Pedology with Special Reference to India
- Regional Geography of India
- Economic Geography with Special reference to India
- Quantitative Methods in Geography
- History of Geographical Thought
- Human Ecology and Ecosystem
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.