Of these, 3 courses are optional and one is a compulsory course on methods. There is an MPhil dissertation carrying 8 credits that must be completed over the third and fourth semesters.
- After the completion of her/his Economics MPhil dissertation, based on the fulfillment of minimum grade requirements according to the Jawaharlal Nehru University rules, the student can register for the PhD programme.
- The student has 8 semesters (4 years) to complete her/his PhD thesis.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Economic Theory
- International Trade and Finance
- Economics of Planning
- Welfare Economics
- Theory of Economic Growth and Technical Progress
- Development Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Environmental Economics & Policy View 8 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.