Most women’s health problems present in primary or community care, and yet training in Women’s Health offered at undergraduate level is being constantly reduced to allow other topics to be covered. Many aspects of women’s health are now considered specialist and no longer covered in undergraduate degrees, making confident and evidence based management in primary care difficult without additional training.
The online MSc in Women's Health course aims to:
- Equip the individual with a systematic understanding of skills in critical appraisal and application of knowledge for direct patient benefit/service development and future study.
- Equip students with life-long learning and advanced problem-solving skills that they can apply to clinical practice in Women’s Health.
- Enable graduates to demonstrate the ability to lead complex tasks and processes in the delivery and advancement of Women’s Healthcare.
- Enable graduates to build leadership skills within multi-agency, multi-cultural and/or international contexts.
- Enable graduates to critically evaluate the delivery of care to patients.
- Equip students with a systematic understanding of evidence-based medicine in relation to Women’s Health.
- Extend student knowledge of research methods and application to practice.
- Extend the scope of women’s healthcare practice by exploring a professional subject area in more depth utilising knowledge gained in the previous modules.
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will add value to a CV, enabling them to rise to the challenge of delivering high quality care to their patients within a complex primary and secondary care environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Women's health: an overview
- Contraception, abortion and early pregnancy problems
- Fetal medicine
- Maternal medicine
- Female cancer
- Abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB), menopause and urogynaecology
- Professional Project: Women's Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Midwifery View 476 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants will be assessed on an individual basis, but typically, applicants for the programme will:
- Possess a good first degree (i.e. a minimum of a 2.2) in a relevant subject awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent.
- Be a registered healthcare professional.
- Provide evidence in the personal statement as to how they can apply learning to a practical setting and reflect on practice.
- Basic IT skills (e.g., word-processing, email and internet).
- If English is not the student’s first language they must hold an English language qualification (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.