Department of Art History and Art Appreciation at Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 2007 when the earlier Department of Art and Art Education developed in to a full-fledged Faculty of Fine Arts. This is the only Department in Delhi which offers an MFA in Art History.
This is accomplished by encouraging the exploration of diverse approaches and examination of varied materials.
- The department seeks to cultivate knowledge of salient works of arts, of the structures within which they are produced and utilized, and of the ways in which the visual environment in the broadest sense generates, acquires and transmits meaning.
- Ways of addressing and analyzing range of materials that constitute visual culture are emphasized in lectures, seminars and workshops through oral and written presentation of research and inquiry into specific objects, periods and issues.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Modern and Contemporary Western
- History of Modern and Contemporary Asian Art
- Art Historiography
- History of Indian Art and Indian Textual Resources
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 24 months.
National119 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 119 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.