The Department at Jamia Millia Islamia is offering M.A. / M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Development Extension Education since 1990 and 1997 respectively.
Most of the pass outs of the Department are employed as professional extension workers/ researchers /teachers and at other associated positions in reputed Institutions/Organizations both in India and abroad.
- The Department has in so far completed three Major Research Projects titled "Education for Development: A Study of Status, Problem and Educational Needs of Muslim Women in Delhi" (1991), "Training Needs of Rurban Muslim Women" (2002)and " Collection, Documentation and Validation of Indigenous Technical Knowledge"(2004).
- The ongoing research projects of the Department are: i) Developing Theories of Adoption by Cumulating Studies Across the Country ii) Empowerment and Leadership Development in Mahila Pradhans for Dissemination of Agricultural Technologies pertaining to Scheduled Caste Families.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Understanding Development
- Fundamentals of Extension
- Community Development and Organisation
- Extension Methods & Audio-Visual
- Health and Nutrition
- Development Intervention Activities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Early Childhood Education View 7 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
National81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.