Applied Economics from Lebanese American University (LAU) prepares future professionals for jobs as applied economists in the private and public sectors. The student will learn how to gather, read and assess economic data, as well as conduct relevant policy analyses that are most valued by businesses, organizations, and policymakers. The program is also designed to be an intermediate step to the PhD in Economics or related fields.
- Corporate Business Economics/ Financial Consultancy
- Government Consultancy
- International Affairs
- Policy Making and Assessment
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Cross Section and Panel Data
- Time Series Data
- Applied Econometrics
- Empirical Strategies for Applied Microeconomics
- Mathematical and Computational Models in Applied Economics
- International Monetary Theory and Policy
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Public Economics
- Growth, Business Cycles and Economic Policy
- Economic Policies in the Middle East
- Financial Derivatives
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lebanese American University (LAU) and/or in Lebanon, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Holders of a bachelor’s degree in economics, in any related field (such as finance with a minor in economics), or in a quantitative field (i.e. mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering) are eligible to apply.
- One recent passport-size photo.
- A photocopy of your identity card or passport
- A clear photocopy of your Family Civil Status record (For Lebanese and Arab nationals)
- Certified copies of educational or professional certificates or diplomas.
- Official updated university transcripts from all universities you attended
- Equivalency of your bachelor’s degree from the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education (depending on the university/college you attended).
- Recommendations from two professors who are familiar with your academic performance.
- The W-9S form (available on www.irs.gov) if you are a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder, with proof of your social security number.
International13230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 882 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 882 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Beirut
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.