The Civil and Architectural Engineering programme at KTH Royal Institute of Technology also focuses on how a structure performs throughout its entire service life, not just during the building phase.
This master’s programme give students advanced knowledge in the field of Structural Engineering as well as within the subjects of Civil or Architectural Engineering. Students will be able to implement this knowledge with a comprehensive view of buildings and infrastructure as advanced technical systems.
The programme offers advanced-level courses that often relate to real-life projects and the use of state-of-the-art tools for design and modelling.
The building sector has a long-term impact on the built environment, and the master's programme in Civil and Architectural Engineering meets a well-recognised need for engineers who possess the knowledge and ability to design and construct infrastructure, residential housing and workplaces using an optimal technology in terms of economy and environmental impact.
The programme will provide graduates with the globally required skills and excellent future career possibilities in both research and industry, nationally as well as internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTopics covered:
- Design and construction of roads, streets, railway tracks, bridges and tunnels, foundation engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulic engineering, structural engineering, concrete structures, steel and timber structures, building materials, indoor climate and energy, environmental aspects of the built environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 11 other Masters in Architecture in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in a field related to Civil Engineering. Applicants are required to have at least 20 ECTS credits in mathematics, including linear algebra, multivariate analysis and statistics.In addition a fundamental knowledge in the following courses is required:
- Numerical Methods and/or programming equivalent to 6 ECTS credits
- Building Mechanics, equivalent to 7,5 ECTS credits
- Structural Mechanics, equivalent to 7,5 ECTS credits
- Geology and Geotechnology, equivalent to 6 ECTS credits
- Building Materials, equivalent to 7,5 ECTS credits
- Building Physics (heat- and moisture transport), equivalent to 7,5 ECTS credits
International14619 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29239 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
The full programme tuition fee for non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens studying this programme is SEK 310,000.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.