Anthropology is the study of humanity in all its fantastic diversity. Waikato's Anthropology students learn from anthropologists who have a strong Pacific focus and engage in research across a wide range of crucial global issues.
Cultural anthropology, our area of specialty, is the interpretation and appreciation of the vast array of cultural possibilities for human life. Studying Anthropology at the University of Waikato will challenge students to reimagine their assumptions about their own societies and cultures and develop a toolkit to critically understand their changing world.
- Health care
- Museum curatoration
- Social work
- International development
- Business consultancy
- Non-profit management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethnographic Research Methods
- Environmental Anthropology
- Visual Power: Images, Aesthetics & Politics
- Directed Study
- Anthropology Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Ancient History View 10 other Masters in Anthropology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International22626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22626 USD per year during 12 months.
National5080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5080 USD per year during 12 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,098-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615 - $35,980 (120 pts) or $47,425 - $53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.