At Maori and Indigenous Leadership from University of Canterbury you can advance your theoretical and applied skills, by conducting both a research project and an internship in a relevant community or organisation.
Graduates of this qualification will be in an ideal position to enhance the leadership capability in organisations working with Māori, including Iwi, Māori, government, community, and private sector organisations.
The graduating cohort will be expected to critically engage with and advance Māori aspirations in their strategic leadership careers. They will show the skills and attributes needed to lead and implement change in Māori and indigenous contexts.
Knowledge of indigenous development in a global context opens up job opportunities and scope as well.
- Māori Leadership
- Comparative Indigenous Models and Theories of Development
- Cross-Cultural Research
- Professional and Community Engagement Internship
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Management Studies View 45 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in New Zealand
- Graduates of any bachelor's degree with at least a B Grade Point Average in 60 points at 300-level, and who have at least three years professional experience in the Māori sector; or
- Applicants without an undergraduate degree (or equivalent qualification), but have qualified for the Postgraduate Certificate in Māori and Indigenous Leadership.
- English Proficiency
International29438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29438 USD per year during 12 months.
National8244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8244 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 11,427 NZD
- International Students - 40,800 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.