Sociology (Thesis) from University of Canterbury further develops the skills acquired in undergraduate study of Anthropology and Sociology.
Students at Sociology (Thesis) from University of Canterbury will:
- enhance their transferable knowledge, understanding, and skills,
- pursue their own areas of academic interest more fully.
- Social Theory for Contemporary Life
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
First day of any month
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology Sociology View 20 other Masters in Social Work in New Zealand
- A first class or a second class (division 1) Honours degree is generally required to advance to an MA.
- Students must have qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with Honours degree (or other qualifications of an equivalent standard) within one of the Arts subjects offered in the MA(Thesis).
- English Proficiency
International23035 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23035 USD per year during 12 months.
National5110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5110 USD per year during 12 months.
- National Students - 7,099 NZD
- International Students - 32,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.