The modules in the advanced studies phase are generically structured in applied, experimental and theoretical subject areas and content is based on the research priorities of the Institute of Physics and its partner institutions. In particular, our focus at the The Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus - Senftenberg is on materials research related to semiconductor devices and functional materials. This comprises identification and characterization of new materials for future silicon-based nanotechnologies, the development and investigation of innovative semiconductor devices, as integrated sensors, on the basis of new physical concepts and/or materials as well as spectroscopic analysis of interfaces and nanostructures.
Moreover, concepts for the integration of new devices into existing technology platforms (e.g. the development of integrated THz radiation sources) and questions regarding technical reliability are major issues of research at the institute of physics of the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg. These experimental and applied research topics are supplemented by strong activities in theoretical physics in the field of condensed matter theory and non-linear physics.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Basic and industrial research
- Applied development of new physic-technical solutions
- Participation in research projects
- Since the study programme supports curiosity, methodical, rational and logical thinking, physicists are also qualified for a huge variety of working areas apart from laboratories.
- Magnetism of Solids
- Micro Systems
- Crystal Growth
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- fully completed and signed online application form (either BTU's Online Application Portal or uni-assist),
- a simple copy of a document proving the completion of a bachelor's or higher level degree including a transcripts of records/list of subjects taken (if the original is not in English or German, then you need a notarized translation to English or German from a sworn translator
- for applicants in their last bachelor's semester: you will need at least a document (including the already recorded grades) of your university, that you will finalise your studies before the start of our master's programme,
- a simple copy of the higher education entrance qualification
- a concise up-to-date curriculum vitaea thesis or equivalent publication, project report etc. will be an advantage for your application
- proof of English language skills
- a simple copy of passport/official personal identification,
- a simple copy of a valid residence permit for Germany, if available,
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester fee 351,66 €
Living costs for Cottbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.