The Master Programme in Information Systems is a Master's level, two-year programme with a major in Information Systems, offering students the opportunity to broaden their knowledge base within the Information Systems Studies profile and to develop the skills needed to analyse and design information system architectures across organisational and technical system boundaries. The programme prepares students for advanced work positions in organisations in need of solving complex information system development problems. It also provides a good basis for research. The programme welkomes international students. All instructions and communication will be in English.
The program prepares the students for advanced work positions in the companies in need for solving complex information system development problems in organizational contexts. It helps the students to be able to apply skills to analyze and design enterprise system architectures across organizational and technical system boundaries.
The programme leads to a Master Degree of 120 ECTS credits in information systems. To be awarded a Master degree the student is expected to complete an independent project of at least 30 ECTS credits in the major field of study.
The examination and assessment regulations, se under the heading "Learning outcomes" in the Programme Study Plan.
The programme provides a good basis for further advanced studies and research. The Master degree also qualifies the student for further studies within PhD program in the major field of study.
- Advanced Professional Skills (Compulsory)
- Current Research on Information Systems (Compulsory)
- Scientific Theory and Methodology (Compulsory)
- Models and Experimental Methods in Multimedia Development (Compulsory)
- Advances in Information Systems Modelling (Compulsory)
- Electronic Commerce and Enterprise Systems (Optional)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems View 8 other Masters in Business Information Systems in Sweden
Upper Secondary English course B or equivalent, and a Bachelors degree of 180 ECTS credits including at least 90 ECTS credits in Information Systems or Computer Science.
International11666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23333 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Total fee: 210,000 SEK (approximately €23,333)
- If you are an exchange student, or if you have citizenship in a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland, you are NOT required to pay application or tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.