Why this programme
- Globally, this is the first Animal Nutrition masters-level programme, that is delivered entirely part-time and online, within an interactive online learning environment.
- It is delivered in collaboration with senior academics/nutritionists from SRUC, who along with University staff have an international reputation in the animal nutrition, clinical nutrition and feed industry sectors, with some staff having Registered Nutritionist status (Society for Nutrition).
- An attractive option for busy working professionals looking to advance their knowledge and skill-set to support them in their career aspirations, whether they want to work within the animal nutrition sector or want to continue their development into further study for a PhD.
- Addresses a critical gap for those aspiring to work in the feed industry, tackling a lack of appreciation of nutrition in the context of the commercial animal feed industry, in-part through our links with industry and contributions from industry members.
- Enhance your conceptual, analytical and presentation skills to use effective and modern methods of describing and analysing scientific, research and dietary ration data to inform decisions on managing, designing and evaluating diets in the contexts of the interactions between diet, production, health and disease.
- Opportunity to enhance your knowledge and consolidate your expertise in the field.
The Animal Nutrition programme of the University of Glasgow is ideally suited for those individuals who want to pursue a career in the commercial animal nutrition or veterinary nutrition sectors, or for those who wish to go on to further academic and research endeavours through studying for a PhD.
- Current Topics in Animal Nutrition
- Digestive Anatomy and Physiology
- Feed Composition and Evaluation
- Nutrition Biochemistry and Metabolism
- Research Methods for Animal Sciences
- Applied Nutrition and Rationing (Monogastrics)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications for this online programme will be accepted up until it commences.
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Nutrition & Dietetics Animal Sciences View 20 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- A bachelor's degree: 2:2 equivalent degree in a relevant qualification or subject.
- Previous work experience: applications from candidates with relevant and substantial industry experience are welcomed even if they do not necessarily hold a relevant qualification.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see Entry requirements for this programme)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International4350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13050 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National4350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13050 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
- UK / EU / International: £8,700 (Total cost)
- UK / EU / International: £4,350 (Total cost)
- UK / EU / International: £1,450 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.