Programme is conducted in English, which means that students are expected to be able to work in English at such a level that they can assimilate teaching in the form of text and speech in English, actively participate in group work and discussions and also independently make presentations in English, both verbally and in writing.
Master of Arts Programme in Textile Management (MS) is a multidisciplinary subject area that derives its knowledge base primarily from business administration and industrial economics. The Programme from University of Boras is targeted at management of the value chain from concept to customer within the textile and apparel industry where the design process plays a decisive role, with particular focus on sustainability, new business models, product development and innovation, supply chain management, together with fashion retailing and fashion marketing.
It will rely heavily on in research in the field and also have a strong link to the profession. It is important that networking starts during the students studies, which is encouraged within the environment of the Swedish School of Textiles, including interaction between design, technology and management. The Programme has a strong focus on awareness of the environment, resource management, globalisation and ethics.
Second level education shall essentially build on the knowledge that students acquire in first level education or corresponding knowledge. Second level education shall involve a deepening of knowledge, skills and abilities relative to first level education and, in addition to what applies to first level education, shall
- further develop the students' ability to independently integrate and use knowledge,
- develop the students' ability to deal with complex phenomena, issues and situations.
- develop the students' potential for professional activities that demand considerable independence or for research and development work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainability-oriented Business Models in Textile and Apparel
- On Methodology and the Philosophy of Science in Textile Management
- Management of Product Development and Innovation in Apparel and Textile
- Management of Value Chain and Sustainability in Textile and Fashion
- Fashion Retail Marketing and Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 11 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree (180 credits) within Business Administration or Industrial Economics, Textile Technology, Textile or Fashion Design, or equivalent.
International10210 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10210 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- 100,000 SEK full tuition fee
- EU/EEA citizens and exchange students are not required to pay fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.