Upon completion of the Petroleum Geosciences MSc program from Khalifa University, graduates will be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, chemistry, physics, geology, and geophysics to formulate solutions to various geoscience problems.
The Department of Earth Sciences’ goals of its MSc program are to provide graduates with an outstanding education and the research skills required to further their careers and to prepare graduates for further education in PhD programs.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Petroleum Geosciences graduate program, graduates will:
- be able to successfully apply advanced and current concepts and methods of the geosciences to formulate and solve complex petroleum geosciences problems;
- be able to plan and complete a research project within a reasonable time frame by integrating knowledge and methods from different disciplines of the petroleum geosciences and using appropriately selected research methods;
- demonstrate an ability to communicate complex scientific problems in oral and written forms in English appropriate to the petroleum and broad energy industry;
- demonstrate self-direction and time management when working independently;
- work effectively and professionally in multidisciplinary teams, as a member and a leader
- be able to manage and analyze complex ethical issues
- raise the overall educational environment of the UAE through publication of scholarly work
- Carbonate Reservoir Petrology
- Sequence Stratigraphy of Carbonate Systems
- Advanced Rock Physics
- Advanced Field Petroleum Geology
- Sedimentary Basin Analysis
- Remote Sensing for Earth Sciences Applications and GIS
- Special Topics in Petroleum Geosciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Mining, Oil & Gas View 6 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution).
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International19495 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National19495 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.