On this MSc Sport Management degree course, you'll learn the theory and practice of sport management and build on your knowledge and understanding of sports science. You'll develop your leadership skills from a sport management context too.
And once you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need for a career in sport management and associated health and fitness industries.
On this course, you'll:
- Develop skills in people management and leadership
- Study topics such as the Sports Business Industry, and The Principles, Practice and Governance in Management
- Carry out research investigating issues within the sport management sector
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
- Have the chance to study and take part in research related to internationally recognised sports organisations such as UEFA, the RFL and the ECB
- Boost your CV and share your sporting skill in the local community through our coaching and volunteering scheme
- Experience teaching driven by current practice and taught by lecturers who have delivered sport management programmes in the community
It's estimated that the global sports industry is worth over £110 billion, and it's growing. When you graduate, you'll be qualified for a career in areas such as teaching, sports development, and the health and fitness sectors.
Our previous graduates have gone on to work for organisations including:
- National governing bodies
- Sports agencies
- Local authorities
- UK Sport
- Primary care trusts
- County Sports Partnership
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Sport Event Management
- Managing Human Resources in Sport
- MSc Research Development nad Practice
- Principles, Practice and Governance in Sports Management
- Strategic Leadership in Sport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 155 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 honours degree in a Sport, Business or Management subject. Applicants who hold a non-related degree will be considered on a case-by-case basis. For those who do not hold a degree or relevant professional qualification, extensive experience together with evidence of scholarly ability will be required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.