The focus of your studies
The term "serious games" refers to games that engage the user, and contribute to the achievement of a defined purpose other than pure entertainment (whether or not the user is consciously aware of it). The additional purposes can, for example, be education, training, health care or marketing.Serious Games degree offered by the University of Skövde is about developing and analyzing serious games. There is a strong practical focus meaning that you will spend much time on developing and evaluating serious games.
Most of the courses are related to our research within serious games. InGaMe Lab is an interdisciplinary research group focusing on research about computer games and other interactable media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Serious Games
- Advanced level Serious Games Research and Development
- Advanced level
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia View 8 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree from your country/countries of study.
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree.
- Proof of English language skills
- In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
- For most master's level courses and programmes, the requirement is also the equivalent of English 6/English Course B, though some may require a lower or higher level of English
International12350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12350 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
130,000 SEK per year
ScholarshipsThe University of Skövde offers a small number of scholarships to students who are attending a Master's programme at the University and who are liable for tuition fees. If you are an exchange student, please contact your home university for information about thescholarships they provide.
1. UHR ScholarshipsThe University of Skövde administrates some scholarships funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) to students liable to pay tuition fees attending a master's programme at the University. The scholarships are tuition fee waivers of 31,250 SEK per semester (50% of the tuition fee), and the amount is automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice. The scholarships are granted for one academic semester.
2. HS ScholarshipsThe University of Skövde offers a small number of scholarships to students attending a master's programme at the University who are liable for tuition fees. The scholarships consist of tuition fee waivers of 25,000 SEK per semester, and the amount is automatically deducted from the tuition fee. The scholarships are granted for one academic semester.
Conditions: Both UHR and HS Scholarships can be extended to a subsequent academic semester provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merit. The scholarships can only be awarded to tuition-paying students. Please note that you have to be able to finance the remainder of the tuition fee yourself, and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
How to apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde
- First apply for one of studies at the University via University Admissions. You must apply for one of our master’s programmes at the Swedish official online application service University Admissions.
- Then apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde by filling in the online scholarship application form available on this webpage. Please note that you will need to provide us with the application number you received from the University Admissions website.
3. Other types of scholarships for international students
- Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute
- Scholarships for exchange students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland
- Ciência sem Fronteiras - Science without Borders
- Erasmus Mundus Lamenitec Network
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.