The Sustainable Development course at the University College Dublin has the unique ability to address the large range of issues covered by the SDG agenda that will equip students to solve some of the most pressing issues of our times. Both organizations, with mandates to support the UN system through consultative status , are well-suited to establish and administer such a programme and provide students with a unique experience in access to global taught leaders, opportunities for excellent placements and careers in Sustainable Development.
Careers & Employability
- Transforming our World, the UN 2030Agenda for Sustainable Development has defined stakeholders to implement the agenda in the following : Paragraph 52. "We the Peoples" are the celebrated opening words of the UN Charter. It is "We the Peoples" who are embarking today on the road to 2030. Our journey will involve Governments as well as Parliaments, the UN system and other international institutions, local authorities, indigenous peoples, civil society, business and the private sector, the scientific and academic community – and all people. Millions have already engaged with, and will own, this Agenda. It is an Agenda of the people, by the people, and for the people – and this, we believe, will ensure its success.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sustainable Cities
- Global Classroom
- SDG Research Project
- Environment Sustainability
- Competition & Industrial Policy for Sustainable Development
- The Market for Labor, Land & SDGs
- Development & Societal Transition in complex, post-conflict situations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesMarketing Sustainable Development View 4 other Masters in Marketing in Ireland
- A primary degree with at least Second Class Honours Grade 1 (2H1) in a relevant subject such as environmental science, architecture, planning and environmental policy, education, business, public health, physiotherapy, law, medicine , political science, international relations, social science, sociology, history, geography, economics, global studies, public policy, development studies, EU studies, law. 2H1 is equivalent to 60 per cent, B minus or 3.08 GPA - in American system: B or 3.00 GPA.
- English language requirements: applicants whose first language is not English should have met TOEFL, IELTs, or computer-based TOEFL requirements (600, 6.5, or 250 respectively), or the Cambridge English Test (Certificate in Advanced English at a minimum of Grade B, or Certificate of Proficiency in English at Grade C). Applicants who obtained a previous degree from an English-speaking university may be exempted from this requirement.
International10190 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10190 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU/Non-EU fee per year - €5,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.