- Innovative MA on the literary and cultural study of gender & sexuality
- Opportunities for developing inter-disciplinary research
- Wide range of literary and cultural texts studied
Careers & Employability
- For Gender, Sexuality and Culture students at the University College Dublin who are inspired to continue their study in Gender Studies, Sexuality Studies, Literature and Cultural Studies, this MA is an ideal preparation for the PhD.
- However, the quality and flexibility of the MA has allowed the majority of our graduates to pursue careers in a wide range of professions, including teaching, publishing, advertising, public relations, media, public service, librarianship, development and advocacy work.
- Gender and Sexuality in Theory and Representation
- Queer Frictions: Gender and Sexuality in Contemporary Literature & Culture
- Research Methods
- Dissertation (MA Gender)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Courses will remain open until such time as all places have been filled, therefore early application is advised
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies View 72 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This programme is intended for applicants with a background in the humanities, or literature, film studies, cultural studies, visual culture, sociology, anthropology, psychology, psychoanalysis as well as women’s studies, gender studies and sexuality studies. A keen interest in gender and sexuality and an ability to analyse textual representations are the key characteristics required.
- An upper second class honours degree (NFQ Level 8), or the international equivalent is required.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
- These are the minimum entry requirements – additional criteria may be requested for some programmes
International20500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7610 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7610 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU fee per year - €4,570
- Non-EU fee per year - €10,250
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.