Sustainable production of animals and plants
Students choose one of three tracks:
- Animal Science
- Crop Nutrition and Health
- Organic Agriculture and Animal Science/Crop Science (single degree or double degree)
and tailor their degree with elective courses on top of the mandatory courses of their track. Finally the master’s thesis can be completed either in a university research context or a company R&D environment. The MSc in Agrobiology from Aarhus University builds on solid, biological knowledge of sustainable animal and plant production, set in the perspectives of health, welfare, product quality, and environmental impact. Graduates will be well equipped to work with both producers and end-users in agricultural production, and to communicate effectively about their field in the public arena.
An international degree
The international character of the challenges facing agricultural production and the science underpinning the MSc in Agrobiology make the international perspective an intrinsic part of this degree and its learning environment. The programme hosts international students from all over the world, and many students take advantage of the opportunity to study outside Denmark for a semester at one of our partner universities or as part of our double-degree programme in Organic Agriculture and Food Systems, www.eur-organic.eu. The double-degree status of this programme means that students receive both a master’s degree from Aarhus University and a master’s degree from the partner university at which they choose to complete the rest of the degree. Read more about this programme on its individual programme page.
Students on the programme have a strong basis within their track, combined with an individual profile through choice elective subjects. This creates very flexible career opportunities in the agricultural and food sector, both nationally and internationally. Typical job opportunities will be in consulting services for primary production, in agriculture and food-related industries, in teaching and research or in public administration and bodies such as the EU.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Study Design and Analysis
- Project in Crop Nutrition and Health
- Crop Nutrition and Psychology
- Crop Pest Biology and Management
- Thesis in Agrobiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Agriculture Genetics View 11 other Masters in Genetics in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following Bachelor's degrees qualify students for admission to the Master's degree programme in Agrobiology:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Agrobiology from Aarhus University
- A Bachelor of Science degree from University of Copenhagen in Animal Science or Veterinary Science (to the specializations in Animal Science; Organic Agriculture and Animal Science; Double-degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Systems/EUR-Organic).
- A Bachelor of Science degree in –Natural Resources from University of Copenhagen (to the specializations Crop Science; Organic Agriculture and Crop Science; Double-degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Systems/EUR-Organic).
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Biology containing a relevant topic profile in relevance to the specializations in Animal Science, Crop Science, Organic Agriculture, and Double-degree in Organic Agriculture and Food Systems/EUR-Organic..
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.