As Heriot-Watt University is situated on the edge of Edinburgh, we have excellent links to the technology sector of Scotland which is at the forefront of digital innovation in cyber security.
- This Computer Science for Cyber Security master degree from Heriot-Watt University is designed to give you practical, specialist knowledge whilst fine-tuning your professional skills, your research skills and your advanced communication skills.
- During this course, you will lead on an independent research project of your own and gain insight into the computing side of cyber security.
- Computer Network Security
- Rigorous Methods of Software Engineering
- Industrial Programming
- Systems Programming
- Advanced Network Security
- Distributed and Parallel Technology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesCyber Security View 200 other Masters in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
- Entry requires a good honours degree in computer science.
- Candidates holding a little less than a good honours degree or its equivalent but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the postgraduate diploma programme.
- Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exam and course work are at MSc level.
International20808 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20808 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £4,500
- Overseas: £10,404
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.